The Deutscher Demokratisher Volksstaat was a Second Life Military run formerly by Skye Flaks and currently Edvard Schnitz. It was officially founded in 2012. As of 2015, it does not still exist anymore. As of November 2017, they have disbanded over a dispute between leadership that led to a new group being form titled the "Deutsche Demokratische Republik"
The theme of the DDV is based on communist East Germany, the Deutsche Demokratische Republik. Originally, it was a historically accurate version of the DDR, but later became a scifi-influenced alt history version of the nation that was more aggressive than the historical DDR, operated as a world power, and survived on into the near future.
The DDV has had a land presence on seven occasions.
- The first of these occasions was at the mainland combat sim, Jessie, where DDV operated an outpost with a 1980s, period-style build of the Berlin wall and a block of East Berlin.
- The second was when the DDV established an outpost on the original Combat Continent in the sim Outer Heaven. This build was an East German military outpost with scifi elements.
- The third was when the DDV established its sim, Volksstaat, on the Combat Continent. This build was an East German styled scifi/cyberpunk military outpost located on one of the Chafarinas Islands in the Mediterranean.
- The fourth was when the DDV opened an isolated sim, Red Horizon. This build was a post-apocalyptic swamp wasteland with East German buildings, other elements of German history, temporal anomalies and derelict buildings. It was set in the German town of Wünsdorf, which according to DDV lore, was the site of temporal anomalies that caused massive destruction and time travel occurrences.
- The fifth and location, was, again, at the mainland combat sim, Jessie. The DDV operated a smaller, 560 square meter, outpost parcel at Jessie. It was themed to fit the more science fiction variation of the DDV and includes tesla coil towers.
- The sixth location, and first home of the DDV under Edvard Schnitz, was an outpost in the a sim called Aruba Islands.
- The last (2017) location was in the sim, La Cruz, titled "Neu Berlin".
The DDV can also be found in other forms, outside of Second Life. The manyland location, East Germany, which can be found at http://www.manyland.com/eastgermany, is a creation of Skye Flaks and operates as a DDV presence in the manyland game.