Gentek Technologies (a.k.a. Gentek) is a virtual corporation that sells firearms training equipment, virtual public safety equipment (such as police/fire tools and emergency vehicle equipment), and assorted roleplay tools for the Second Life community. Gentek Technologies is also the producer of the grid's #1 best-selling telephone network. Gentek also sells various other products, such as the IntelliDoor, which are not part of a specific category. It was founded by Nelson Jenkins on November 25, 2005.
- November 2005: Company founded under the name "Effective Emergency Equipment"
- December 2005: Began work in indoor/outdoor warning industry
- August 2006: Developed first-ever emergency vehicle lightbar attachment
- November 2006: Name changed to "Second Signal Industries"
- August 2007: Name changed to "Integrated Alert Technologies"
- December 2007: Name changed to "Gentek Technologies"
- February 2009: Domain name and full website purchased
- April 2009: Partnered with NTBI for emergency vehicle products
- July 2009: Began work in the telecommunications industry
- March 2010: Donated US$1,419.00 to the Snow Leopard Trust
- October 2010: Began to compete in the firearms training industry
Gentek Technologies is alive and well. A list of all official stores is available on their website.
Gentek Technologies' slogan is "Innovation is our passion." Previous slogans include "Solutions for your community." and "Keeping your heroes safe."