Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Firsts for the grid.
- First SL Resident: On March 13th, 2002, the first Resident Steller Sunshine joined Second Life.
- Sim/Region: Da Boom
- Private Island: Elysian Island (Cayman)
- Sim/Region Auctioned: then Island now Avalon, Winning Bidder: Fizik Baskerville
- World Turns a Year Old: 6/25/2004 (SL First Anniversary Gala announcement: Forum Link: Post By Haney Linden , and MP3 of Philip Linden's speech Also, the Ogg and mirror of Philip's speech (MP3))
- First Simulator Auctioned On The Main SL Continent: Indigo was the first simulator auctioned on the main SL continent. The winning bid was place by FlipperPA Peregrine, and deeded to the group Indigo Crew, also making making it the first wholly group-owned simulator.
- First Government: The Lindens. Subsequent governments are merely different forms and no global, resident-made governments have been made. At one point in time the Lindens asked residents their opinion of a global, Linden Lab-endorsed, resident-run government but the idea was rejected by the community-at-large.
- 50,000th Resident: yujitak Graff. On 9/22/2005, yujitak became the 50,000th resident of SL and was treated to a SL pendant and a copy of Snow Crash signed by the LL staff. Announcement by Robin Linden