There are two different account types in Second Life. A premium account costs $9.95 a month (or $22.50 quarterly or $72.00 annually). Premium accounts enjoy the full benefits of SL, including being able to buy/own land and receiving a weekly stipend. A L$1000 "signup bonus" is given on when 45 consecutive premium days are achieved and the weekly stipend is L$300. Land ownership is based on a tier system: the amount you pay to hold that land depends on the amount of land you own and what tier you are in.
- Able to buy/own land
- L$1000 signup bonus received when 45 consecutive premium days are achieved.
- A weekly stipend received every Tuesday.
- Premium Accounts registered prior to 21 July, 2006 receive L$500.
- Premium Accounts registered between 21 July, 2006 and 6 November, 2006 (inclusive) receive L$400.
- Premium Accounts registered on or after 7 November, 2006 receive L$300.