Second Life (SL) is a privately-owned, partly subscription-based 3-D Virtual world, made publicly available in 2003 by San Francisco-based Linden Lab, founded by former RealNetworks CTO Philip Rosedale. The Second Life "world" resides in a large array of servers that are owned and maintained by Linden Lab. The Second Life client program provides its users (referred to as "residents") tools to view and modify the SL world and participate in its economy.
The majority of the content in the Second Life world is resident-created. Linden Lab actively promotes the concept that residents retain the intellectual property rights to objects they create although they are required to offer Linden Lab a limited license for the purposes of promotion and marketing... Read more at Wikipedia.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Second Life Blogs Edit
Linden Lab Edit
Audio and video media Edit
- Official media page
- Second Life Video – Unofficial site aggregating several hundred machinima samples
- Second Lives – Four short films commissioned by Channel 4 and broadcast in August 2006
- User Creation and Scripting in Second Life at Lang.NET Symposium 2006
- Tutorial: Building a Clock in Second Life – Video tutorial demonstrating how to build a working clock in Second Life
- 'You Only Live Twice' ABC TV's 4 Corners program
- German Second Life Community