Welcome to my talk page!
Hey, and welcome to my talk page. Please make sure you sign each of your messages with a signature including a time and date, and when you'd like to send a new message, even if just for praising, please use the + link and specify a subject. Thanks!
Example Sender - Example Subject
This is an example how your message should appear. (If you are sending a praise message or a message with "no subject", simply write (No subject) in place of the subject field seen above.)
Cryptosis - User page vandalisation
Hello SmileyBarry, after not being on the Second Life wiki for almost a month, I have just discovered a vandalisation on my user page; "UR A LYING NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!1111". I have been unable to see who has did this on the page editing logs, and I was hoping you could find out who did this, as I'd like to set the records straight and discuss with the idiot who vandalised my page that I am not a "Lyer" OR a "Noob". Many thanks - Cryptosis.
- That is a part of a quote you added. If you check the logs, you'd see an edit you just did added that. Unless someone else used your account, I believe the "idiot" is you. « Smiley Barry user • talk » 22:26, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Well, although I am quite an idiot in realife, I still don't remember putting this, might of been someone using my account as you said, I'm not sure. I'll figure this one out, sorry for the inconvinience, many thanks - Cryptosis
Removal of my equal information on Atop
Hello Smiley. It has come to my attention that you have removed my "Hypocrecy" section on Atops page, please understand that it was not in any way an attack. In one of his paragraphs, he has added false information about or me. Either that, or it is purely negative. I think it is fair that I equal this information by adding the Pros' and Cons of him. This way, the argument, or rather the information on the page is unbiased. If I am not allowed to do this, then please could you ask the page author to remove the negative information of me?
Many thanks - Cryptosis
Cryptosis 14:32, 24 May 2009 (UTC)Cryptosis
- If you actually read my edit summary, you'd see I did not revert your edits because of what you wrote but because you edited a user page. User pages are owned by the users they're assigned to, so for example, User:Cryptosis belongs to you, and may not be edited by others (except for when you need to make a technical edit to fix code syntax, formatting, etc.). « Smiley Barry user • talk » 16:42, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, I sincerely apologise to the owner of the user page, I did not intent this on purpose and I will pay carefull attention to what is a normal page, and what is a user page in the future.
- Many apologies again - Cryptosis.
- Cryptosis 18:03, 24 May 2009 (UTC)Cryptosis
- No worries, it's fine. After all, I need stuff to moderate, hehe. Here's a tip: look at the first, bold tab on the upper-left(ish) tab bar. If it says "user page", it's a user page. If it says "page" or "article", it's one of the "free pages", meaning one of the pages which are not owned by anyone except everyone. (Since Second Life Wikia uses a GFDL license, all [text] contributions (including user pages, but that's a little different) are automatically available to all to view, edit, copy, correct, extend, etc. (Images, sounds, videos and official documents under the "Second Life Wiki:" namespace (if the page has the prefix (and it is marked as exempt in the content area) - "Second Life Wiki" (example: "Second Life Wiki:Something")) are excluded. Some may be free while some may be copyrighted, licensed under a Creative Commons license, etc.)
- Cryptosis 18:03, 24 May 2009 (UTC)Cryptosis
Help! on My contribution Page
Hello! I noticed you deleted 2 of my picts that surely I wrongly placed somewhere. As I am new here even do not understand what kind of mistake I did to generate additional pages with single picts without meaning or relation to my contribution page. Do you have an explanation for ? I would prefer to avoid more mess next time I add something. Thanks in advance for cleaning up !! May 4th 2009 4:48 AM SLT Wander Trudeau 11:49, 4 May 2009 (UTC)Wander Trudeau
I would say that I have a military group, founded in December 2007, the group name is 1331FreedomArmy follow the rules of SLSALT and STABLE .. the high command of the group is Tag Writer, RicardoTeles Negulesco, Philipetaurog Axel ... the officers who work with the group are P2nda skall Brendinha and Aichi. I would like to see my active group in the list of military groups. Tags writer 05:31, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- OK, I'll add them soon. Next time, post the request on the list's talk page. And don't vandalize pages like you did with Template:SLURL, please. « Smiley Barry user • talk » 10:12, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
Military Page Edit
Thanks for noticing. I've been gathering information on the SL militaries, and noticed that a few pages are out of date. I also noticed on your page a mention that military pages are frowned upon, I can only imagine that they get lots of silly graffiti. Hopefully, though, my name will become synonymous with accurate, useful information pertaining to SL militaries and their actions. :) --MSC-CoreAdmin 22:59, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
smiley! thank you for undoing the vandalism to my and lucas' entries! i hadn't realized they had been vandalized until recently and i was pretty shocked by it! (though i am pretty sure who did it) glad you are on the ball though :) --Nimil Blackflag 09:49, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Second Life Addiction
SmileyBarry, Thank you for your help. I have begun posting here after the cows have already left the barn,so to speak. My son, who posts on SL under the moniker"ProteusHand" has a severe SL addiction. I am afraid for him. He joined SL by side stepping Linden Labs age verification system. He spends 8 or more hours a day on second like and it has lead to his leaving his home because we confronted him about his addiction.
I am not against SL but I do believe it can be a safer place. If they just had time limits by user and IP addresses it would be very useful is helping people get a handle on their usage.( It might also reduce the need for additional server upgrades as well.)
Here is a site that can help those like my son:
Here is my blog:
I hope that you might help me craft an addiction abuse help page here. I am not very skilled with the use of this format .
- Sorry, but I only help with maintenance tasks and subjects I can personally contribute to. However, you can make the page yourself and I will review it afterwards to fix formatting issues, grammar and spelling. You can use WoW Wiki's Addiction page as example for one on Second Life Wikia. (WoW Wiki documents World of Warcraft, just like Second Life Wikia documents the Second Life grid. Seeing as WoW Wiki has an addiction page, I think one will do here too.) Note that if you import text from another source it must be compatible with the CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike) license. See Wikia:Licensing for details. In addition, I've read your son "side-stepped" Linden Lab's age verification system. If he's underage and on the adult grid, I highly recommend contacting Linden Lab to close his account. Not only is it illegal, which can get him banned from the metaverse, but people he is in contact with may be banned too for not reporting him. (Whether they know he's underage or not.)
- Let me know if I can help in any other way, « Smiley Barry user • talk » 15:39, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey Smiley, if I want something on my page edited, I would appreciate it if you didn't undo my changes.
Hey Smiley, some griefer is causing trouble. These are his accounts: http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/User:PhillipLinden http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/User:Phreshnizz http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/User:NotoriousBIGGG http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/User:ProteusPater
Please solve the problem ASAP and ban relevant IP Address.
You can see the recent changes list for proof and their individual 'contributions' page, all made for the purpose to create unnecessary drama. I have done what I can to reverse any damages at first but I see that a ban is more in order.
--Nexii Malthus 16:32, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks :) --Nexii Malthus 20:07, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
I saw there was no entry for my Sim and I figured since I live there who better to make an entry ;-)
hi please put my group on the military group list as active thanks
I was just wondering if you could add .Net to the lists of militarys you have on there. Its currently active, If you need verification please contact my inworld Avatar, Dave Mantis.
Ian Powell 16:28, April 23, 2010 (UTC)
Dear Smilley Barry if you havnt noticed, exxahununva vandalized several of my pages and by erasing all content and replacing with "Faggot" and "Wanker." So in response i had to fight fire with fire. On the other hand after making an edit to Army of the Sith Republic Toka Barak sent rude messages to me i sent a message back and he replied with comments of my personal life I told him to stop harassing me and he did. If you noticed on several occasions i deleted vandalism from the following pages such as: Army of the Sith Republic, Jim OChs, and CFK of BK.
I have a personal question: Are you jewish and if so Shalom
GreyNolder 01:10, June 29, 2010 (UTC) Hey, thanks for deleting what you thought were "personal notes", which were actually chronicling major group events for group-use and public domain, summarizing orchestrations for reference data, records, and condensing unfolding events and outcomes for other groups and administrators to refer back to in the off-chance there was some form of misunderstanding or confusion, while additionally holding historical records of mass-personnel and group movements and initiatives in an attempt to both archive information for multitudes of uses and reduce drama in a platform which is open to the public eye and available for public use. You're a super-great mod.
Hi, I am Gltchez Skytower. I quit SL in January because I have a life now, and SL wastes my time. Sorry for the bias before. Thanks Misterchrister 01:02, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Please see: this talk page
Jeremy Duport 14:22, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I was wondering if you could add the infobox template here, for use for everyone. --Rabbitdude 18:41, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
I have no idea who you are, what kind of help you can provide, and why you would provide it.
But anyways, I would prefer if you edited the Black Talon page, taking in my contributions and what not.
Fix the front page
Obscure.Soldier 02:00, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Anyway, I mean update it, I've been seeing Rogue as the Spotlight for a year now... <_>
Page Lock Request
Irony; I came here to request a limited lock on the "http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/.Net" page due to repeated vandalism and mistruth by "7th Librarian", ".Seventh" (an individual responsible for multiple inworld malicious attacks on said group centering around account theft and other associated activities). Whilst you've already responded to his own attempt to lock the page with his adorable edits, I'd request that the people who maintain the page (Fog.Zaytsev, Coiledsix, Anor.Markova and I) are the only ones able to edit. Each time these individuals make some attempt to destroy the groups and associated land inworld, they also try to post some dumbass comment up here to "demoralize" us. Would really appreciate it if you could sort the issue.
A Figurative Orange 03:30, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
A primary example of a page also put under such pressure and consequently locked would be the Ordo Imperialis' equally "controversial" Frumentarii page.
A Figurative Orange 03:32, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but locking the page to a select number of users cannot be done. I can either lock it from editing by all except for admins and moderators or leave it editable only by registered members. « Smiley Barry user • talk » 13:07, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Understood; however, as a result of numerous pieces of "corrective" vandalism by the two named individuals, I'd like to request that the page is indeed permanently locked from any future abuse or modifications aside from the necessities by duly appointed Administrators. At this time, the page (Correct revision) contains up-to-date, correct information regarding group structure, founding and history. To prevent the individuals from attempting to make false claims in order to get people banned, and other similar generally low items - I'd ask you if you could close it on this revision, due to the controversial nature of the content.
If the vandals genuinely feel strongly that their story be heard, I'd suggest that they create their own opinion-based page for the purposes of informing people who want to know of theories and rumor.
Thanking you in advance,
A Figurative Orange 01:22, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
I would like to request a lock of the ".Net" page. No absolute confirmed source provided for any information that was edited. Overly-hostile and contorted editing of the subject matter. .Seventh 06:51, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- None of the information on the page has a source, it would be more logical to file for deletion. Changes were made to use the same tone on both sides presented in the article. Do not create a page for our group if we aren't willing to take public opinion and criticism, or if we think we can write maliciously about people we have opposed, only to not expect them to have their say. Request lock to prevent further reverting.
7th Librarian 06:58, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- The history of the group itself is apparently a rather touchy subject and considering the apparent hostility towards the group itself - would personally recommend to delete the page entirely. Preventing possible negative actions towards the page and therefore the wikia itself. (Not implying that this would hurt the wikia, just the possibility of a "whitewash" and "edit" war erupting out >.<') .Seventh 06:51, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- There is no danger of that at all, nor is there are of the page, unless our group (im)maturity sparks a revert/whitewash war. I believe the page should remain, it is quite neutral now, but it may require a lock incase you get the itch to whitewash it later - and on making our article neutral; that is not neccesarily the most beneficial action towards our operations, but do we not stand for more.. unique values? 7th Librarian 06:58, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Letting the mod decide. Not getting into a back and forth debate. .Seventh 07:10, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- SL Wikia entries have no actual source. Information isn't cited like in Wikipedia or other wikis, and accounts may not even belong to whoever they're named after, since Wikia accounts cannot be bound or even verified against SL accounts. Articles should be written in a neutral tone, and not praise anyone nor trash anyone directly. Seeing as the article is quite neutral now, I don't see a reason to delete or lock it. But I will watch the page for updates and act accordingly if the situation changes in the future. « Smiley Barry user • talk » 15:17, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I request the page be protected, as there has been attempts today to blank large parts of it for no reason by members of .net attempting to hide information such as the details of member bannings and other factual details which might not be convenient for us. A tip, comrades, please don't make us a page on a community based editable wiki if we're not willing to allow it to be used without whitewashing and poorly blanking it to oblivion. - 7th Librarian 02:18, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Eggy - Orphaned pages
There are 459 orphaned pages on this wiki, what's up with that? Have a lot of pages been deleted or something? :S
Eggy 21:27, September 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, yes and no. I deleted many trolling pages and ads around the wiki, and on top of that, people kept linking to non-existent articles. (E.g.: Some stubs have "See more" areas with 2-3 actual articles and 7 dead links, simply because the author thought of those titles when he/she wrote the page.) « Smiley Barry user • talk » 19:45, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
I am trying to contact sideeffect with the hope that he can update a page about the SL combat group BSM..
If you know this person, could you please forward my details to him or ask him to Contact the BSM group within Second Life.
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated..
Ghostieman 13:25, April 1, 2011 (UTC)
Hello and good evening Mr.Barry my name is venchenzo zerbino well thats my nickname but my second life acocunts name is Zerocool cooljoke but i have several questions for you
1.) Do you play second life
2.) Are you a teenager who plays second life like are you between the main grid and the teen grid and also are you the owner of the website and did you create it and if you did thats a good thing because lets tlak buisness in second life please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org please email me
Hello, I am sending this message because the page I created, Exilion Enclave, is being edited maliciously every day or so. I thought I would have the ability to lock my own content, but I do not. May I request that my page be locked? Or that I can admin on it? Thank you!
AThursday 18:45, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
JLU Revert War
Hi, would you mind looking at the history of Justice League Unlimited and Talk:Justice League Unlimited and dealing with the reverters? The group that is at the center of the topic is highly controvertial and seem to be using sockpuppets to remove mentions of criticism. A quick glance at the page history should tell you enough. I'm trying to add in citation and fix crappy formatting and I can't get an edit in edgewise.
Thanks. -- N3X15 11:28, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
Main Page deletion
Smiley, wtf? You don't find the news to be current so you go and leave the page blank?
You could at least have replaced it with more content.
Eggy 18:22, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
Ah, many thanks, friend, for your work. As I'm sure he'll return to troll further, I'll report it as soon as I can.
Thank you again for your timely assistance.
Humbly, Rich B.
Hello im wondering how i can get my club on to the showcase section in world i see the option here but not sure how to add my club to it ...there are a list of a few clubs only i would like to join that list can you please get back to me asap thanks toni malso (talk) 08:13, October 23, 2012 (UTC) toni malso