Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Second Life 1.1.7, November 18, 2003
- More responsive walking, especially at low frame rates.
- Fixed several bugs with non-rectangular parcels that could lead to the wrong piece of land being claimed, deeded to a group, or released.
- Various patches to OpenGL graphics initialization and mode switching (fullscreen<-->windowed).
- Fixes for some crashes on client shutdown.
- The fee for listing a parcel in the Find directory has been reduced. Also, the search panel searches both names and descriptions.
- Cancelled events no longer show up in the Find directory.
- The world map has improved icons for avatars, telehubs, events, etc.
- The world map now has a legend explaining the colors used in the background.
- The world map remembers which background you last selected.
- You can join land you buy from another player to land you already own. Joining for land deeded to a group is not done yet, sorry.
- Second Life no longer plays sounds when it is minimized.
- Fixes to texture animation system to make SMOOTH work correctly in combination with parameters besides TRANSLATE.
- Minor performance improvements when lots of text is on the screen. Other minor performance optimizations.
- Parcel directory fees now correctly counted in stipend calculations.
- Disabled users no longer counted in group dividends/taxes.
- Fixed issues with objects becoming invisible after unlinking or being detached from an avatar.
- Fixed issues with textures sometimes not wrapping properly.
- Whether objects are for sale or not survives being taken into inventory and dropped back into the world.
- Fix for crash when compiling a script that defines a LSL Wiki: list of lists.
- Fix for group panel where controls would not work correctly for some groups.
- Fix for group panel which would occasionally display 'None' as a group member.
- You can deed land to a group even if you have a negative balance.
- Fix for losing clothing icons when trading inventory folders.
- Hitting 'F' for Fly while sitting no longer unseats you.
- Vehicles using linear deflection can now go backwards again.
- Vehicles using VEHICLE_FLAG_LIMIT_ROLL_ONLY no longer experience a singularity when their x-axis is parallel to the world z-axis.
- Vehicle vertical attractor effectiveness now approaches zero for vehicles totally upside down ==> it will be easier for airplanes
to do a loop-de-loop.
- VEHICLE_FLAG_LIMIT_MOTOR_UP has been added to the documentation.
- The documentation now mentions that the VEHICLE_HOVER_HEIGHT uses the vehicle's "center of mass" when computing where to hover.
- The vehicle banking behavior now has an automatic strength decay feature whose timescale is twice that of the vertical attractor,
which will prevent some vehicles from falling over into a perpetual spin. The decay is reset whenever the angular or linear motor is changed, so this decay should not be noticable for any vehicles that are being actively steered.