Final Release Notes for Second Life 1.13.3
- 1.13.3(2) January 30, 2007
- It is no longer possible to only search for online residents
- Online status is no longer indicated in the Search -> People results list
- The online status inside the profile shows 'Currently Online' or remains blank
- Friends can see your Online status if you give permission via the Friends list
- Anyone can see your Online status if 'Make my online status visible only to my Friends' is unchecked
- The online status inside the profile shows 'Currently Online' or remains blank
- 1.13.3(58716) March 1, 2007
- Fix for: Textures that quickly cycle between visible and not visible never getting successfully requested
- Fix for: Textures applied via 'Select Texture' are applied to all sides.
- Fix for: Object selection moves to the next sim when crossing region boundary while objects are selected
- Fix for: Landmarks window can be resized
- Fix for: Textures should remain within their window when the viewer is resized
- Fix for: Single items are being created in a tabbed window
- Fix for: 'linux mozilla embedding support should be compile-time optional'
Beta Grid Only
- Fix for: Object Entry rules block rezing of objects.
- 1.13.3(58603) March 1, 2007
(Note: this change was introduced several versions ago be we forgot to put this in the release notes)
- The following 4 particle commands have been deprecated for some time, and no longer work:
- llMakeExplosion http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeExplosion
- llMakeFire http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeFire
- llMakeFountain http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeFountain
- llMakeSmoke http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeSmoke
- Please use llParticleSystem (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlParticleSystem) instead.
- Set the executable name back to SecondLifeFirstLook.exe (1.13.3(58537) inadvertently set it to SecondLifePreveiw.exe
- Fixed a bug with image requests, should reduce the latency when loading uncached images
- Rediced frame rate spikes when spinning.
- Fixed bad normals on tapered geometry.
- Fix for bump maps not taking effect immediately.
- Fix for animated texture coordinates not resetting when animation stops.
- 1.13.3(58537) February 27, 2007
- Modified texture animations to use hardware acceleration
- Improved framerate when rotating in certain areas that were lagging
From the main development branch since 188.8.131.52 (note: some of these were introduced in previous First Look releases)
- User inworld money transaction history floater removed
- Transaction history can be viewed via secondlife.com
- Added 'Empty Lost and Found' option
- Added 'Use Custom Port' option to Preferences to specify network port
- Objects set for sale are Buy Copy by default (instead of Buy Original)
- Increased Classified's maximum L$ payable from 99999 to 999999
- Added '?' button next to Partner field explaining partnering
- Fixed single-click failure for objects
- Fixed status bar obscured when debug is off
- Fixed escape key behavior
- Fixed strange object counts in About Land when no parcel selected
- Fixed avatar animations when editing an attached object
- Fixed Offer Teleport appearing in your own profile
- Fixed incorrect date display in group notices
- Clicking a menu a second time closes the menu
- Fixed closing a blue dialog closes all dialogs
- Fixed retrieval of archived group proposals
- Fixed Ctrl-P shortcut failing when inventory has focus
- Fixed objects using llGiveInventoryList spamming owner when recipient is Busy
- Fixed no copy objects disappearing when given via llGiveInventory to a Busy avatar
- Fixed taken items not appearing until relog
- Fixed friends list abilities not being applied to friends
- Fixed objects failing to attach when selected from a distance
- Fixed replies to offline IM-to-email messages
- Fixed renaming a no-copy clothing item during Make New Outfit
- Fixed rezzed objects appearing at (0,0,0) if you have create rights, but are not wearing your title
- Fixed modify for gestures/notecards in a prim
- Fixed incorrect context menus for items in an object
- Fixed confirmation dialog when uploading immages, sounds, animations, or snapshots
- Fixed a viewer crash while taking an object
- Fixed a viewer crash after modifying a script inside a prim
- Fixed a viewer crash in People search with Picks tab
- Fixed a script runtime error (list inside a while/do-while loop)
- Fixed login screen not loading unless cache is cleared
- Fixed Ctrl-W not closing snapshot floater
- Fixed Ctrl-W not giving focus to next window
- Fixed Search->Places not showing public estate parcels while on private estate
- Fixed LSL converting numbers in body of email to 0
- Fixed rejection of avatars as sit targets
- Fixed blurry web browser widgets with UI Scale != 1.0
- Fixed notecards opened in tabbed windows extending outside the preview window
- Fixed opening multiple object inventory items not using tabbed windows
- Fixed accidental selection of highly transparent objects
- Fixed keyboard focus after selecting function dropdown in script editor
- Fixed Build button in toolbar disabled on land where 'Create Objects' is set to group, even when avatar is in the correct group
- Fixed Buy Dialog displays incorrect Prim Count when using prim multipliers
- Fixed folders not retaining their closed status once opened in inventory
- Fixed IMs of type IM_BUSY_AUTO_RESPONSE ignore mute
- Fixed World->Buy Land menu failures
- Fixed Friends list not displaying online friends on login if 'Can see my online status' is disabled
- Fixed menus remaining open when something else is clicked
- Fixed menus taking focus when leaving alt-zoom
- Fixed accidental loss of no-copy textures by applying them to a prim
- Fixed members of a group cannot set their home location when land is only set to a group and not deeded
- Fixed sitting avatar standing up when close are dragged onto the avatar
Linux client fixes
- Added Linux embedded Mozilla client
- Fixed Linux client crash on shutdown
- 1.13.3(58390) February 23, 2007
- Fix for HUD objects being invisible on attach
- Fix for HUD objects not repositioning
- Fix for attachments getting left behind
- Fix for flexible objects not updating on modification.
- Fix for slow scrolling textures and tiny prims being invisible.
- Fix for not being able to change viewer language in firstlook
- Fix for Viewer crash when switching between full screen and windowes with multiple threads
- Fix for additional texture bandwidth usage in First look
- Fix for low detail terrain textures failing to load
- Fix for picking through transparent objects.
- Fix for Lighting turning bright orange or red intermittantly in rendering pipeline focus preview.
- Fix for dismissing one blue dialogs dismisses all blue dialogs
- Fix for Avatar not changing anmations while editing an attached object
- Fix for Object counts in About Land change when floater loses focus
- Fix for clicking a menu a second time not closing it
- Fix for First Look viewer interacting poorly with Norton Antivirus (Note: Unless you tell Norton Anti Virus to exclude the Second Life cache directory, it will delay texture loading, but should no longer affect frame rate)
- Fix for crash on 945G when editing objects.
- 1.13.3(58185) February 20, 2007
- Fixed a texture prioritization bug
- Sped up texture cache maintenance on startup
- Fixed accidental loss of no-copy texture when applied to a prim
- Fixed incorrect context menu for items inside an object
- Fixed Linux client crash on startup
- Fixed Ctrl-W failing to give focus to the next window
- Fixed renaming no-copy object during Make New Outfit
- Fixed group members cannot set home when land is Set to group but not deeded
- Lost and Found now has an Empty folder option
- 1.13.3(58100) February 16, 2007
- Linux client features embedded Mozilla
- Texture Pipeline Architecture
- Significant redesign of texture pipeline
- Improved texture caching
- Unlimited texture cache size
- Texture cache can be relocated
- Render Pipeline Architecture
- Significant changes to render pipeline
- Introduction of Vertex Buffer Objects for improved stability
- Better batching of geometry for improved render performance (on some systems)
- Alpha sorting changes to improve performance
- Added display that shows intersection of prims with translation plane when building.
- Objects set for sale default to 'Buy Copy' instead of 'Buy Original'
- Fixed a viewer crash when taking an object
- Fixed viewer not loading after logout if cache is not cleared
- Closing window passes focus to the next window
- Fixed blurry web browser widgets
- Fixed notecards in tabbd window extending outside the preview window
- Fixed web browser widgets blurred when UI scale != 1.0
- Updated link to Help -> Scripting Wiki
- Fixed viewer crash when opening a script at the same time as other inventory objects
- Fixed Build not enabling for group members on land where only group members can build
- Fixed World -> Buy Land menu failures
- Fixed menus not closing when other things are clicked
- Fixed objects rezed from Library, edited, and taken to inventory being placed in Library
- 1.13.3(58018) February 14, 2007
- Removed particle throttling; while a performance win in some areas, caused too many bad artifacts
- VWR-108 Fix for out of bounds error in avatar vertex shader attribute array.
- Fix for toggling selection beam
- Fix for LOD issues with small objects.
- Fix for planar guide grid swimming around in local grid mode.
- Fxed Texture priorities when turning around in place
- 1.13.3(57947) February 13, 2007
- Significant changes to texture prioritization
- Fix for object flicker.
- Fix for HUD objects not moving properly when viewer is resized.
- Fix for scale handles not updating on mouse drag.
- Fix for undo not working.
- Fix for dark foot shadows.
- Fix for tree picking alpha threshold too low.
- Fix for stars staying out during the day.
- 1.13.3(57876) February 9, 2006
- Improved LOD and alpha sorting
- Improved edits reverting with linked objects
- Fixed a few crashes
- 'Clear Cache' was failing if the cache location was on a changed
- 'Clear Cache' was not deleting the texture cache on OSX
- Some Textures were never caching correctly
- 1.13.3(57837) February 8, 2006
- Fixed a major issue with texture requests where textures that first appeard behind you were not getting requested until you moved closer or zoomed in on them
- Fixed a bug where 'skip this message' settings were not being remembered
- Fixed several particle bugs, including some OSX specifix ones
- Fixed several crash bugs
- 1.13.3(57787) February 7, 2006
- This release will clear the cache on startup to eliminate potentially corrupt caches
- Reduced the frequency of drag-edit updates to reduce the likelihood of changes reverting due to missed updates
- Fixed a bug where small flexi objects were sometimes stuck floating around an avatar
- Fixed a significant memory leak
- Fixed some issues with the texture cache
- Fixed a bug where textures that were partially mapped to objects were not rezing
- Fixed several crash bugs
- Wind volume slider now takes effect immediately
- 1.13.3(57679) February 5, 2006
- Fix: Animating textures (using llSetTextureAnim) do not update their pixel area
- Fix for disappearing hud objects.
- Fix for yellow avatars on some ATI cards.
- Fix for flexi LOD issues
- Fix for stars visible with 'Force Sun'
- Several crash bugs fixed
Fixes not specific to 'First Look'
- Fix for library objects returning to library after being taken from world
- Added help button for partner info in profile panel
- Added inventory cache verification to reduce bugs due to cache corruption