Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Final Release Notes for Second Life 1.13.3
- 1.13.3(2) January 30, 2007
- It is no longer possible to only search for online residents
- Online status is no longer indicated in the Search -> People results list
- The online status inside the profile shows 'Currently Online' or remains blank
- Friends can see your Online status if you give permission via the Friends list
- Anyone can see your Online status if 'Make my online status visible only to my Friends' is unchecked
- The online status inside the profile shows 'Currently Online' or remains blank
- 1.13.3(58716) March 1, 2007
- Fix for: Textures that quickly cycle between visible and not visible never getting successfully requested
- Fix for: Textures applied via 'Select Texture' are applied to all sides.
- Fix for: Object selection moves to the next sim when crossing region boundary while objects are selected
- Fix for: Landmarks window can be resized
- Fix for: Textures should remain within their window when the viewer is resized
- Fix for: Single items are being created in a tabbed window
- Fix for: 'linux mozilla embedding support should be compile-time optional'
Beta Grid Only
- Fix for: Object Entry rules block rezing of objects.
- 1.13.3(58603) March 1, 2007
(Note: this change was introduced several versions ago be we forgot to put this in the release notes)
- The following 4 particle commands have been deprecated for some time, and no longer work:
- llMakeExplosion http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeExplosion
- llMakeFire http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeFire
- llMakeFountain http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeFountain
- llMakeSmoke http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeSmoke
- Please use llParticleSystem (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlParticleSystem) instead.
- Set the executable name back to SecondLifeFirstLook.exe (1.13.3(58537) inadvertently set it to SecondLifePreveiw.exe
- Fixed a bug with image requests, should reduce the latency when loading uncached images
- Rediced frame rate spikes when spinning.
- Fixed bad normals on tapered geometry.
- Fix for bump maps not taking effect immediately.
- Fix for animated texture coordinates not resetting when animation stops.
- 1.13.3(58537) February 27, 2007
- Modified texture animations to use hardware acceleration
- Improved framerate when rotating in certain areas that were lagging
From the main development branch since 184.108.40.206 (note: some of these were introduced in previous First Look releases)
- User inworld money transaction history floater removed
- Transaction history can be viewed via secondlife.com
- Added 'Empty Lost and Found' option
- Added 'Use Custom Port' option to Preferences to specify network port
- Objects set for sale are Buy Copy by default (instead of Buy Original)
- Increased Classified's maximum L$ payable from 99999 to 999999
- Added '?' button next to Partner field explaining partnering
- Fixed single-click failure for objects
- Fixed status bar obscured when debug is off
- Fixed escape key behavior
- Fixed strange object counts in About Land when no parcel selected
- Fixed avatar animations when editing an attached object
- Fixed Offer Teleport appearing in your own profile
- Fixed incorrect date display in group notices
- Clicking a menu a second time closes the menu
- Fixed closing a blue dialog closes all dialogs
- Fixed retrieval of archived group proposals
- Fixed Ctrl-P shortcut failing when inventory has focus
- Fixed objects using llGiveInventoryList spamming owner when recipient is Busy
- Fixed no copy objects disappearing when given via llGiveInventory to a Busy avatar
- Fixed taken items not appearing until relog
- Fixed friends list abilities not being applied to friends
- Fixed objects failing to attach when selected from a distance
- Fixed replies to offline IM-to-email messages
- Fixed renaming a no-copy clothing item during Make New Outfit
- Fixed rezzed objects appearing at (0,0,0) if you have create rights, but are not wearing your title
- Fixed modify for gestures/notecards in a prim
- Fixed incorrect context menus for items in an object
- Fixed confirmation dialog when uploading immages, sounds, animations, or snapshots
- Fixed a viewer crash while taking an object
- Fixed a viewer crash after modifying a script inside a prim
- Fixed a viewer crash in People search with Picks tab
- Fixed a script runtime error (list inside a while/do-while loop)
- Fixed login screen not loading unless cache is cleared
- Fixed Ctrl-W not closing snapshot floater
- Fixed Ctrl-W not giving focus to next window
- Fixed Search->Places not showing public estate parcels while on private estate
- Fixed LSL converting numbers in body of email to 0
- Fixed rejection of avatars as sit targets
- Fixed blurry web browser widgets with UI Scale != 1.0
- Fixed notecards opened in tabbed windows extending outside the preview window
- Fixed opening multiple object inventory items not using tabbed windows
- Fixed accidental selection of highly transparent objects
- Fixed keyboard focus after selecting function dropdown in script editor
- Fixed Build button in toolbar disabled on land where 'Create Objects' is set to group, even when avatar is in the correct group
- Fixed Buy Dialog displays incorrect Prim Count when using prim multipliers
- Fixed folders not retaining their closed status once opened in inventory
- Fixed IMs of type IM_BUSY_AUTO_RESPONSE ignore mute
- Fixed World->Buy Land menu failures
- Fixed Friends list not displaying online friends on login if 'Can see my online status' is disabled
- Fixed menus remaining open when something else is clicked
- Fixed menus taking focus when leaving alt-zoom
- Fixed accidental loss of no-copy textures by applying them to a prim
- Fixed members of a group cannot set their home location when land is only set to a group and not deeded
- Fixed sitting avatar standing up when close are dragged onto the avatar
Linux client fixes
- Added Linux embedded Mozilla client
- Fixed Linux client crash on shutdown
- 1.13.3(58390) February 23, 2007
- Fix for HUD objects being invisible on attach
- Fix for HUD objects not repositioning
- Fix for attachments getting left behind
- Fix for flexible objects not updating on modification.
- Fix for slow scrolling textures and tiny prims being invisible.
- Fix for not being able to change viewer language in firstlook
- Fix for Viewer crash when switching between full screen and windowes with multiple threads
- Fix for additional texture bandwidth usage in First look
- Fix for low detail terrain textures failing to load
- Fix for picking through transparent objects.
- Fix for Lighting turning bright orange or red intermittantly in rendering pipeline focus preview.
- Fix for dismissing one blue dialogs dismisses all blue dialogs
- Fix for Avatar not changing anmations while editing an attached object
- Fix for Object counts in About Land change when floater loses focus
- Fix for clicking a menu a second time not closing it
- Fix for First Look viewer interacting poorly with Norton Antivirus (Note: Unless you tell Norton Anti Virus to exclude the Second Life cache directory, it will delay texture loading, but should no longer affect frame rate)
- Fix for crash on 945G when editing objects.
- 1.13.3(58185) February 20, 2007
- Fixed a texture prioritization bug
- Sped up texture cache maintenance on startup
- Fixed accidental loss of no-copy texture when applied to a prim
- Fixed incorrect context menu for items inside an object
- Fixed Linux client crash on startup
- Fixed Ctrl-W failing to give focus to the next window
- Fixed renaming no-copy object during Make New Outfit
- Fixed group members cannot set home when land is Set to group but not deeded
- Lost and Found now has an Empty folder option
- 1.13.3(58100) February 16, 2007
- Linux client features embedded Mozilla
- Texture Pipeline Architecture
- Significant redesign of texture pipeline
- Improved texture caching
- Unlimited texture cache size
- Texture cache can be relocated
- Render Pipeline Architecture
- Significant changes to render pipeline
- Introduction of Vertex Buffer Objects for improved stability
- Better batching of geometry for improved render performance (on some systems)
- Alpha sorting changes to improve performance
- Added display that shows intersection of prims with translation plane when building.
- Objects set for sale default to 'Buy Copy' instead of 'Buy Original'
- Fixed a viewer crash when taking an object
- Fixed viewer not loading after logout if cache is not cleared
- Closing window passes focus to the next window
- Fixed blurry web browser widgets
- Fixed notecards in tabbd window extending outside the preview window
- Fixed web browser widgets blurred when UI scale != 1.0
- Updated link to Help -> Scripting Wiki
- Fixed viewer crash when opening a script at the same time as other inventory objects
- Fixed Build not enabling for group members on land where only group members can build
- Fixed World -> Buy Land menu failures
- Fixed menus not closing when other things are clicked
- Fixed objects rezed from Library, edited, and taken to inventory being placed in Library
- 1.13.3(58018) February 14, 2007
- Removed particle throttling; while a performance win in some areas, caused too many bad artifacts
- VWR-108 Fix for out of bounds error in avatar vertex shader attribute array.
- Fix for toggling selection beam
- Fix for LOD issues with small objects.
- Fix for planar guide grid swimming around in local grid mode.
- Fxed Texture priorities when turning around in place
- 1.13.3(57947) February 13, 2007
- Significant changes to texture prioritization
- Fix for object flicker.
- Fix for HUD objects not moving properly when viewer is resized.
- Fix for scale handles not updating on mouse drag.
- Fix for undo not working.
- Fix for dark foot shadows.
- Fix for tree picking alpha threshold too low.
- Fix for stars staying out during the day.
- 1.13.3(57876) February 9, 2006
- Improved LOD and alpha sorting
- Improved edits reverting with linked objects
- Fixed a few crashes
- 'Clear Cache' was failing if the cache location was on a changed
- 'Clear Cache' was not deleting the texture cache on OSX
- Some Textures were never caching correctly
- 1.13.3(57837) February 8, 2006
- Fixed a major issue with texture requests where textures that first appeard behind you were not getting requested until you moved closer or zoomed in on them
- Fixed a bug where 'skip this message' settings were not being remembered
- Fixed several particle bugs, including some OSX specifix ones
- Fixed several crash bugs
- 1.13.3(57787) February 7, 2006
- This release will clear the cache on startup to eliminate potentially corrupt caches
- Reduced the frequency of drag-edit updates to reduce the likelihood of changes reverting due to missed updates
- Fixed a bug where small flexi objects were sometimes stuck floating around an avatar
- Fixed a significant memory leak
- Fixed some issues with the texture cache
- Fixed a bug where textures that were partially mapped to objects were not rezing
- Fixed several crash bugs
- Wind volume slider now takes effect immediately
- 1.13.3(57679) February 5, 2006
- Fix: Animating textures (using llSetTextureAnim) do not update their pixel area
- Fix for disappearing hud objects.
- Fix for yellow avatars on some ATI cards.
- Fix for flexi LOD issues
- Fix for stars visible with 'Force Sun'
- Several crash bugs fixed
Fixes not specific to 'First Look'
- Fix for library objects returning to library after being taken from world
- Added help button for partner info in profile panel
- Added inventory cache verification to reduce bugs due to cache corruption