Final Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.2
- 1.17.2(0) June 27, 2007
- VWR-650: Make "Give money" permissions look different than the other permissions
- VWR-427: Added new menu item: Tools > Edit Linked Parts
- VWR-79: PNG image support submission
- Sculpties now include a one-time explanation the first time a sculptie is created.
- Client and Server menus now have a one-time dialog box to explain what they are.
- "Skip 'Show next time' Dialogs..." button added to Preferences > Popups tab to skip all one time dialog boxes.
- Added Japanese and German language installers (Windows only)
- The version of Mozilla used in the client is updated to 22.214.171.124
- F1 help now opens an external browser to the Second Life support web site.
- F1 Help will now open an external browser to language specific support websites for Japanese, Korean and Portuguese based on client's language.
- Delay added to folder opening while dragging items in an inventory window with a vertical scroll bar.
- Default messages for postcards are replaced when adding text.
- In the Inventory window the Filter menu is consolidated into the File menu.
- The sculptie texture picker UI has changed to differentiate it from the surface texture picker.
- Added support for alternate sculptie edge stitching.
- VWR-68: LSL constant expression folding and proper constant parsing
- Fixed MISC-217: Accounts with negative L$ balance can't buy L$0 freebie
- Fixed SVC-306: Objects are visible at <0,0,0> (sometimes before moving to their correct position)
- Fixed SVC-225: Searching for Classifieds with blank field results no results
- Fixed VWR-1339: Asset upload fails for certain saves, eg scripts and appearance
- Fixed VWR-1296: Minor memory leak in lltexturecache.cpp
- Fixed VWR-1223: Camera Controls keyboard shortcuts broke
- Fixed VWR-1221: Possible crash in llfloaterland.cpp / line 1556
- Fixed VWR-1217: Built-in avatar animations stop suddenly, rather than fading out. (jerky head movement)
- Fixed VWR-1203: Avatars eyes are constantly crossing in 1.17
- Fixed VWR-1170: LLMuteList::loadFromFile() improperly parses the mute list returned from the service
- Fixed VWR-1140: About Land floater is not resizable, ban and access lists too small
- Fixed VWR-1049: Trivial sizeof() miscalculatuion results in incomplete copying of CPU Brand ID string in CProcessor::AnalyzeAMDProcessor()
- Fixed VWR-1044: Unchecking "Go Away/AFK When Idle" doesn't work when manually setting Away status
- Fixed VWR-944: Boost inclusion is inconsistent
- Fixed VWR-941: Reading length data for a four-byte Variable template message misstores the length
- Fixed VWR-938: ELFIO is technically optional, make this easy to capitalise on
- Fixed VWR-876: sculpt texture map does not load or low priority when the texture itself is not visible in viewer frame or not cached
- Fixed VWR-873: Dead members "eVertexDataMask;" in various objects
- Fixed VWR-856: llvfs.cpp: possible loss of memory blocks in LLVFS:audit()
- Fixed VWR-822: "Create new..." clothing buttons don't auto-wear items
- Fixed VWR-746: Incorrect menu item referred to when member of maximum number of groups and a group invite is received
- Fixed VWR-660: When turning off Flexible Object rendering, flexible objects become permanently invisible
- Fixed VWR-652: A harmless compiler warning in indra.l.cpp
- Fixed VWR-606: Some source files (llprocessor.cpp and llsdserialize_tut.cpp) contain non-ASCII characters
- Fixed VWR-597: Abuse report tool should autofill abuser name when reporting an object
- Fixed VWR-560: Crash in llscrolllistctl.cpp when sorting scroll list
- Fixed VWR-459: Unicode supplementary characters typed in from keybaord are not handled properly on Windows (and potentially on Linux)
- Fixed VWR-446: Automatically start renaming new user-created assets and automatically select new user-created folders
- Fixed VWR-383: Chat logs do not have timestamps
- Fixed VWR-364: Viewer memory leak
- Fixed VWR-287: Inconsistent behaviour between agent_slide_left / agent_slide_right, and the rest of the movement functions.
- Fixed VWR-251: Keystrokes are eaten by IME when no text input is possible, on Windows using Japanese
- Fixed VWR-248: Inexplicable folding of Avatars such that they are walking around with their heads up their arses
- Fixed VWR-247: Viewer generates undesired dialog when IM comes in while minimized
- Fixed VWR-227: If a Find/Search returns no results, the results list is still focused and an attempt is made to select the first result anyway.
- Fixed VWR-218: SConstruct script makes many assumptions that are invalid outside LL
- Fixed VWR-213: Calling DestroyWindow with NULL window handle (win32 version)
- Fixed VWR-207: Textures become increasingly blurry over time on systems with > ~2GB RAM
- Fixed VWR-143: Compiler errors in llwebbrowserctrl.h
- Fixed VWR-132: seg fault in lldrawpool.cpp
- Fixed VWR-119: Zero missing in Sub-unit snap grid. for small fraction like 1/16 and 1/32
- Fixed VWR-101: Get rid of "Return All"
- Fixed Inventory's "Recent Items" tab settings not persisting across logins
- Fixed line breaks showing up as * in various windows.
First Look Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.2
- 1.17.2(122) July 3, 2007
- Added ability to hide and show the Participants List in the Communicate window
- Added new icon on the Push-to-Talk button
- Added new icons in the Participants List
- The Participants List in the Communicate window now defaults to closed, and opens after voice is engaged. It can also be opened or closed by the user at any time.
- Call recipients can accept incoming voice calls in one click instead of two (i.e., by clicking only the Accept button instead of the Accept button + Call).
- Voice UI elements are grayed out until voice is enabled in the viewer.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been implemented. Ctrl-T toggles the Communicate window, Ctrl-W closes the selected tab the Communicate window, Ctrl-H goes to Near Me (Chat History), and Ctrl-F goes to My Friends.
- The Say, Shout, and Send IM buttons are grayed out when there is no input text.
- Text from objects can now be muted in the Participants List in the Communicate window.
- Fixed bug in which the IM Received button remained visible even after the Communicate window containing the message had been opened
- The spatial voice chat indicator (i.e., the dot volume waves above avatars' heads) no longer appears in non-spatial voice chat (i.e., in one-to-one and group chats across the grid).
- 1.17.2(120) June 26, 2007
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat indicator was not disappearing after someone teleported away
- Help > About was missing text
- The 'About Land' media tab had duplicate / overlapping data
- 1.17.2(119) June 28, 2007
- Wind volume and footsteps are combined into an "Ambient" volume preference.
- Play/Pause/Stop buttons removed from volume panel.
- The "Master Mute" and "Master Volume" controls now affect everything, including voice and media settings (which they did not before).
- Fixed VWR-1310: FL: Voice: Sounds slider doesn't work
- Fixed VWR-1224: FL Voice viewer crash on changing audio prefs
- Fixed VWR-632: Push-To-Talk should default to not locked.
- Fixed voice remains enabled while Second Life is minimized if "Mute when minimized" is enabled.
- Fixed notification icon reporting "Voice not available" when it is.
- Fixed "Mute Audio" option also disabled voice and media streams.
- Fixed using spacebar as the push-to-talk trigger would not close the Set Key dialog box.
- Fixed volume sliders not disabling correctly when mute is disabled