Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Release Candidate Release Notes for Second Life 1.18.3
- 1.18.3(4) September 14, 2007
- Fixed VWR-2378: Failure to enable the "Update" button in the profile/classifieds tab, after a "Set Location" update.
- 1.18.3(3) September 14, 2007
- Reverted map beacon behavior (per VWR-2270)
- VWR-2265: Mis-spelled LSL constant OBJECT_UNKOWN_DETAIL renamed to OBJECT_UNKNOWN_DETAIL
- Scripts written with the old, mis-spelled constant will not recompile unless corrected
- Enrollment fees are no longer displayed with decimals
- VWR-2275: Linux 1.18.3 Won't Link
- VWR-2283: Some changes to groups cannot be saved
- VWR-2324: llkdu.dll needs updating in RC viewer
- VWR-2291: LOD defaults are now too aggressive in RC 1.18.3
- VWR-2307: secondlife startup shell script needs a comment about gdb now
To address soon
- VWR-2378: Failure to enable the "Update" button in the profile/classifieds tab, after a "Set Location" update.
- VWR-2404: lossless texture compression on small textures not lossless
To address later
- VWR-2268: Role Description causes Apply Changes, Ignore Changes, Cancel alert even if you don't have rights to change
- VWR-2376: streaming video on linux doesn't work
- 1.18.3(2) August 27, 2007
- Altered beacon behavior
- The beacon shaft is always drawn
- The arrow is drawn if the lateral distance to the location being tracked is less than your view distance
- The text appears if the total distance to the location being tracked is less than your view distance
- Changed Bug Reporting links to http:// instead of https://
- Build mode no longer automatically turns on beacons
- Removed 'Ping User' in statistics window (was returning 0, as userserver no longer exists)
- Removed 'Open' menu option when clothing is selected (as 'Wear' is available)
- Added minimize button to Inventory
- Ability to get details about an object by object key:
- list llGetObjectDetails(key id, list params)
- id = the key of the object to get info about.
- params = a list of the object details requested: [OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_OWNER]
- returns a list of values in the order requested: ["Object_Name", <the UUID key of the owner>]
- OBJECT_UNKNOWN_DETAIL Returned by llGetObjectDetails when passed an invalid object parameter type.
- OBJECT_NAME Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's name.
- OBJECT_DESC Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's description.
- OBJECT_POS Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's position.
- OBJECT_ROT Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's rotation.
- OBJECT_VELOCITY Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's velocity.
- OBJECT_OWNER Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's owner's key. Will be NULL_KEY if group owned.
- OBJECT_GROUP Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's group's key.
- OBJECT_CREATOR Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's creator's key.
- list llGetObjectDetails(key id, list params)
- Fixed inworld map region search failing if a space is included after the region name
- Fixed Appearance editor preview squares after changing tabs
- Fixed a bug with LODs for sculpted prims
- Fixed flexy causes llTargetOmega child objects to not rotate
- Fixed an incorrect Support link
- Fixed clipboard capture on login screen’s config info
- Fixed web browser widget shows up blank when connecting via https
- Fixed doubleclicking text entry fields should select a single word first, then the entire field
- Fixed items renamed from Recent Items not displaying the correct name in All Items
- Fixed physical memory calls with more than 4GB of memory
- Fixed viewer crash by clicking Connect button repeatedly
- Fixed crash in viewer when receiving bad HUD Effects
- Fixed a Linux client crash
- Fixed client on 64-bit Linux systems that cannot find their GL drivers
- Improved Linux client threading
- Improved client performance after closing an inventory folder with a large number of items
- CID-633: Possible string overflow (and generally lame code)
- CID-634: Possible string overflow (and generally lame code)
- CID-639: Possible use of uninitialized mouse co-ordinates
- CID-641: LLToolGrab::onMouseCaptureLost() doesn’t check that projectPosAgentToScreen succeeded
- CID-698: LLFloaterTexturePicker::isDirty() is not correctly overriding ancestor
- SVC-300: Spam upon TP out of Help Island Public, per calling card and landmark
- VWR-1079: Group Notice dialog: message text can’t be copied and pasted
- VWR-1187: Profile > Classifieds tab shows confirmation dialog when no changes are made
- VWR-1225: Embedded notecards not functioning
- VWR-1230: Text highlighting in Chat History window is cancelled when history scrolls
- VWR-1372: Sculpt prim topology reverts to sphere unexpectedly
- VWR-1398: Appearance editor's previews do not render correctly (1.17.2)
- VWR-1460: Can not see permissions of objects in Buy Contents window when item has long name
- VWR-1564: Viewer crashes when started with the "-local" argument.
- VWR-1566: An attempt to fix the glDrawRangeElements crashes (refcount LLDrawInfo )
- VWR-1567: Change the default item name for "snapshot to inventory" to something more usefull than "snapshot"
- VWR-1638: confused viewer - displays login and regular menus and buttons
- VWR-1640: login retires cause LLFrameStatView::setup() to seg fault
- VWR-1647: "Show end of last IM conversation" in Preferences/Communication automatically remains checked after OK-ing unchecked
- VWR-1699: Sculpt map preview inaccurate
- VWR-1714: Folders flashing in Inventory window with Filters and ‘Always show folders’ checked
- VWR-1721: GUI quirk in groups
- VWR-1722: Profiles are editable in two places (including Search browser)
- VWR-1736: Add a Invite to Group option to the Avatar Pie Menu
- VWR-1743: LLFloaterGroups source code inconsistencies
- VWR-1761: Group Invite Suggestion–add 'view group info' to invite dialog box
- VWR-1808: Possible crash in llviewerobjectlist
- VWR-1823: Bad typecast for 64 bit systems, llagent llfloatercustomize
- VWR-1861: Renaming items in inventory folders does not update item sort order
- VWR-1872: An attempt to fix the "empty inventory trash" crashes
- VWR-1880: Modify "Ctrl-F" to call Search/Replace Dialog when invoked inside Script Window
- VWR-1891: Detect a Debian bulid-host, as is done for Fedora
- VWR-1892: Use pkgconfig for more libraries in the standalone build
- VWR-1942: An error in the do-while example of the LSL Scripting Guide could cause infinite looping.
- VWR-1951: Hide Particles is not working from the View > Beacons menu item
- VWR-1968: Possible crash in llmultigesture.cpp
- VWR-1976: Solaris' fprintf segfaults on NULL arguments
- VWR-1987: Segfault on startup if audio doesn't initialize.
- VWR-2036: Build tools floater does not remember its position on restart
- VWR-2144: Client crashes when deleting unsaved gestures
- VWR-2152: Possible crash in llviewerobjectlist
- VWR-240: Cannot input Japanese characters from keyboard on Linux
- VWR-423: Selecting group charter text causes Apply/Ignore/Cancel popup even if the text wasn't changed
- SVC-493: Objects with "Linden" in their name can't be muted
- VWR-493: Statistics bar, Packet Loss: % sign is doubled
- VWR-749: Bandwidth indicator: Kbps, should not have capital k
- VWR-819: Open the "More>>" section of the edit tools by default and persist it across sessions
- VWR-866: Sculpties suffer HORRIBLY from JPEG artifacts
- VWR-942: logRanOffEndOfPacket is too terse when it logs packet data, add some more info