Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Second Life 1.5.8 Dec 14, 2004
New Features and Changes:
- Added an option in Preferences to hide your active group title.
- Increased number of options for llDialog() from 4 to 12.
- When you pay an object or person in busy mode, a dialog pops up asking if you want to leave busy mode. Note: when in busy mode inventory offers will be automatically refused, so buying objects in busy mode may cause those objects to be undelivered.
- Changed max size of script edit buffer from 32k to 64k. It's now the same size as the notecard edit buffer.
- llGetNextEmail() now invokes no sleep penalty. Note: the rate at which emails can be downloaded is limited by the period between a successful llGetNextEmail() call and the corresponding email() event, (from 1 to three seconds). There is no reason to poll faster than that, however there is no penalty if you do. For best results, call llGetNextEmail() at some descheduled rate (every 5 seconds or longer) then call llGetNextEmail() again at the end of the the email() event if (and only if) there are more pending emails in the queue.
- The Events Directory window in the finder now shows the duration of the event in hours.
- Grass now has a position of 1m above the ground when created or moved.
- Avatar Vertex Programs will be turned off by default for all Mac computers. You may turn this on if you wish. Note: turning this option on will make all avatars invisible for some Mac graphics cards (ATI 7500, 9000, 9200).
- The SL installer is smarter and does not delete misc files inside the SL installation directories.
- Fixed a client crash when saving a gesture.
- Hover tips over land and objects have rounded corners.
- Chat text console has a transparent gray background with rounded corners. The background is on by default, but can be disabled in the Preference settings.
- Fixed a memory leak in the simulator physics engine.
- When dragging objects from one inventory window to another the source window no longer scrolls when the object is dropped at its destination.
- Web links of the form secondlife://SimName/X/Y now properly select the simulator in the drop-down combo box on the World Map. Note: if SimName has a space in it then the link will work correctly if the spaces are replaced with %20. For instance "Sim Name" would be done as: secondlife://Sim%20Name/X/Y.
- Buying a unique object on land that is set to autoreturn will no longer cause the unique object to be immediately returned to inventory.
- Fixed some text corruption in the Groups --> Money --> Planning user interface widget.
- Fixed rendering and physics of large square holes in spheres and cylinders.
- When deeding a parcel to a group the user interface now properly updates and reflects the changes to your max contribution.
- Editing the position/rotation of an object that is receiving constant updates from the servers is now possible in most cases.
- Plugged the collisionless avatar exploit.
14 December 2004 – 16 December 2004